Wondering how to start your online fashion journey? Here is how to find the best ecommerce platform for startups in the fashion industry!
Fashion retail keeps on growing! It is booming in the US, UK, Europe, and all over the world. Fashion startups are flourishing and big players are going mobile to capture attract the millennial market.
Unless you are going to create a fashion store that only pops up in malls, you will need to get online where innovative retailers are building their successful brands.
Wondering how to start your online fashion journey? We will help you find the best ecommerce platform for startups. You can start by answering the following questions:
- Who is your target group: Do your target customers care about small details? Are they Payless or Prada? Do they want to know the story behind each item? What matters most to your core customers?
- How much money can you spend on an ecommerce platform: What is your budget for launching an online store? What about the costs for web hosting, maintenance, and updates? You have two options to choose from – you can use a fully hosted ecommerce platform and pay a monthly fee that includes web hosting, maintaining, and taking care of your website or a self-hosted option which doesn’t include web hosting and requires hiring a team that will take care of your website.
- Do you want to integrate and connect with other systems: Will you accept PayPal? You need to keep in mind that not all ecommerce platforms allow third-party payments. You need to make sure your preferred payment methods integrate with the ecommerce platform.
- How much stock are you selling: You will want to make sure your website can support your scale and volume. There are some platforms that offer different features and price points for different volumes. It really helps to know what you are starting with and what you want to achieve.
- How much work are you ready to do? If you don’t have problems with working, designing, changing, you’d be ok choosing a more sophisticated solution that has more features and requires extra effort to get it right. If you think you don’t have enough skills or you want to spend time focusing on your business and attracting new customers, an ecommerce solution like Shopify would be a better fit for you.
By answering these questions, you will be on your way to choosing the right ecommerce platform for your fashion store!
Sie möchten als #Onlinehändler #international expandieren und grenzüberschreitend verkaufen? Dann treffen Sie uns auf der @dmexco 2018 an unserem gemeinsamen Stand mit @AT_Internet_DE; wir beraten Sie gerne! Terminvereinbarung: https://t.co/QVixB7WjOD #ecommerce #crossborder pic.twitter.com/Q55JNoaXTR
— Lengow D-A-CH (@Lengow_DACH) 2 de agosto de 2018